There are different types of work boots available on the market right now, each made with a specific purpose in mind. A lot of factors play into choosing the right boot for your needs.
Knowing which work boots are best for workmen is important since we don’t want you to spend a lot of money on both the work boot and the doctor bills for your foot fungus.
Below we’ve put together a list of the best work boots to help you make an informed choice.
|Timberland Men's 6" Basic Contrast Collar Boot||Best Overall|
|Skechers Mariner||Budget Pick|
|Irish Setter Men's 6" 83605 Work Boot||Upgrade Pick|
1. Timberland Men's 6" Basic Contrast Collar Boot
- Gentlemen – These boots are built to last
- You’ll walk with confidence, even on the roughest trails, thanks to the thick, rugged sole that protects your feet
- Insulated and padded collar and tongue protect your ankles from the elements
- Comes with slip-resistant rubber
- Shock-absorbing EVA midsole so you can be on your feet all day
- Timberland is known for its fantastic quality, and this is one of their best products
- The splash proof construction adds a bit of extra protection
- This is a traditional boot, so it will be comfortable for most men
You'll love changing the atmosphere in your home just by adding this lovely piece. You will also be pleased with its fine workmanship and care in detail.
The Adirondack wing back glider is constructed of medium density fiber offering you with both comfort and sturdiness. Plus, you will love that this item can last for a lifetime.
2. Skechers Mariner
- Breathable air mesh uppers
- Resists oil and chemical spills
If you work in a factory that involves being in cold conditions, oil, or chemicals, then the Liquidator Mariner 2 from Skechers will help keep your feet warm and dry. Additionally, this boot is non-metallic and antistatic, meaning you will be unlikely to feel any shocks from static electricity.
The Mariner 2 runs true to size, with a stylish design that will help you stand out in the workplace. It’s also a good option for people with high arches, as the insole has a moisture-absorbing insert and a memory foam dipped in polyurethane, which gives the shoe a little extra cushion.
Some users have reported that the Mariner 2 can run a bit small.
3. EVER BOOTS "Ultra Dry" Men's Premium Leather Waterproof Work Boots Insulated Rubber Outsole
The EVER BOOTS Ultra Dry work boot is one of the best waterproof boots on the market.
Features include premium, full grain leather, a tall collar with a leather covered padded ankle, and a supportive steel shank. The anti-fatigue sole is battery-operated and offers a cushioned step, and the outsole has a maximum thickness of 4 mm.
The Ultra Dry works very well throughout the year, but if you want to wear this for a winter job, be aware that it will not keep your feet warm in the snow. That being said, it will provide protection from the rain and mud. You will need a pair of tall waterproof socks for this.
4. Carhartt Men's CMF6366 6 Inch Composite Toe Boot
- A fantastic choice for outdoor activities
- Good shock absorption
- The interior is made of full-grain, waterproof leather
- A sleek appearance with a composite toe
- You have a ventilation option with lugs on the sole
- Comes with an EH rated shank for support
- Great ankle support
- These boots are extremely comfortable and well-made
- Price seems a bit high
- There is a bit of a smell due to the leather
- The lugs are not the grippiest out there
- You may want a wide fit for wider feet
This is a good all-around work boot that is suitable for both working on outdoor activities as well as to wear it with your regular work-to-pub clothes.
The leather is of good quality and holds up really well. Although it does seem a bit easy to get scuffed, it’s nothing a little bit of polish can’t fix. The color is a nice brown color, not too light and not too dark.
The boots are very comfortable and have an ample amount of room in the toe box, even for those with wide feet (which I have). They seem great for wearing with socks without being even too tight.
5. Skechers Work Radford
- Steel-toe protection
- Good price
- Moderately waterproof
- Highly durable
- Not meant for ridiculous loads
- A little stiff for all day wear
6. Wolverine Men's Edge LX Nano Toe Work Boot
- Easy break-in
- For the price they are awesome
- They are as comfortable as they are durable
- Leather may not be waterproof, but they are a lot more durable
- Withstanding tough impacts is easy for this boot
- Wide size range
- Buckles can be a little tight
- Full-grain leather means the boot isn’t going to last as long
- Some people don’t like how it makes their feet hot
- Doesn’t protect against water well
- It’s not the most comfortable for hiking
- The middle sole bends easily and is not very sturdy
- Waterproofing needs to be improved
The Wolverine Men’s Edge LX Nano Toe Work Boot is for the working man who needs a durable boot that will keep him protected throughout his workday.
7. Carhartt Men's 6 Work Safety-Toe NWP Work Boot
- Carhartt name
- Steel toes
- Very breathable
- Handles very well on both wet and dry surfaces
- Reasonably comfortable
- This boot has held up to all sorts of different work conditions
This work boot is made for men and women and is ideal for wearing in very harsh conditions. While they are comfortable enough to wear inside, they are also armed with steel toes when you’re outside. It also reduces the number of jamming and lug wear that’ll be occurring. The air flow is better than expected as well.
These are strong boots and you will most likely be able to wear them for a good seven years of service.
The stability is also pretty good, and you can wear them in the rain. Because of this, you don’t have to go around with extra shoe covers or get wet feet. These boots are also made for boots in the rain. And the safety toe is also waterproof which makes it that much harder to penetrate.
8. Timberland PRO Men's Ascender 6" Alloy Safety Toe Industrial & Construction Shoe
- Full grain leather upper for comfort and durability
- Slip-resistant rubber outsole for increased traction
- Nylon-reinforced midsole for supported walk
- Soft, padded collar for comfort
- Shock-absorbing Air Cushion Comfort technology in the heel for comfortable walking
- This style is only available in 3 colors
- Laces are not as strong as they should be
Brown Full Grain Leather, 9 M US.
The Timberland PRO Men’s Ascender is a slip-resistant work shoe designed with the modern worker in mind. This all-leather shoe comes with a rubber-coated steel toed cap that protects your foot from mechanical injuries with industrial equipment.
It also has a 3/4 inch nylon shank that’s built into the ankle for maximum stability. This anti-fatigue feature helps prevent leg, back, and foot pain during extended hours on the job.
9. Irish Setter Men's 6" 83605 Work Boot
- Seam sealed waterproof
- Resistant to punctures
- 100% waterproof
- Fleece lining
- Good arch support
- Removable insoles
- Improvement in safety due to added safety toe caps
- Lack of stability, especially in rocky areas
- Little toe room
- Dimpled soles wear down easier
- The color goes away fast
These work boots are made for men. They are an ideal choice for those wh