Do you have diabetis? It may surprise you, but your footwear can cause certain aspects of your diabetes to worsen.
Certain foot conditions can be exacerbated by wearing the wrong shoes. In addition, your shoes can make it easier or harder for you to exercise. They can also affect your balance and risk of injury while exercising.
The bottom line is not all shoes are equal. Shoes can affect the care of your feet by providing support and helping with circulation. They can also help reduce the risks of blisters and calluses.
It’s so important to have shoes that not only look good but fit and feel good as well.
Choosing a good pair of shoes that can accommodate your foot conditions is an important step in managing your diabetes. In this article, we’ve put together a guide on the 15 best diabetic shoes.
|Orthofeet Proven Bunions||Best Overall|
|Propet Women's Tilda Work Shoe||Budget Pick|
|Orthofeet Women's 817 Slip-On Shoes||Upgrade Pick|
1. Orthofeet Proven Bunions
- Elastic ankle for fast donning and doffing
- Allows for easy arch support
- Sturdy composite plates make for a comfortable, secure fit
- Each shoe can be customized to your foot and walking needs
- Price friendly
- Styled support for bunions
- No insoles for added arch support
- May be too stiff and uncomfortable for some
Congratulations! You are a step closer to finding the ideal pair of diabetic shoes for women.
We hope we were able to help you in some way with this list.
If you have any other additions to this list, please feel free to let us know. We are always happy to help in any way we can.
2. Skechers Performance Women's Go Walk 4
- Stylish and streamlined
- Soft textile upper
- Genuine Memory Foam insole with a double layer heel cup for superior cushioning
- Stretchy knit fabric lining for a secure, comfortable fit
- Flexible midsole adapts to multiple surfaces
- Slip-resistant rubber outsole
- Very low profile
- Lace closure
- Stability and motion-control designs
- Biomechanically engineered
This shoe provides fashion, function and comfort. It has a two-layer heel cup that creates an exceptionally secure fit and heel support. The removable memory foam insole can also be removed and replaced by a customized orthotic insert for arch support.
The outer sole is made from high quality rubber that has a two-tone style. This shoe is extremely lightweight and very well made using high tech manufacturing techniques. It is also a very attractive design and would look great with slacks.
3. Propet Women's Vista Strap Sneaker
- Strap around the ankle for a nice secure fit
- This comfy shoe has the added support of an arch support
- Wide toe box
- Has good arch support
Propet Women’s Vista Strap Sneaker is for those looking for a small shoe that is affordable and comfortable.
This shoe has features like a single strap with velcro fastening, a leather upper and a rubber sole designed for use daily. A meter long single strap wraps around the foot, securing the sneaker perfectly. The textile lining and comfortable foot bed make this shoe great to wear all day long.
4. Propet Women's Tilda Work Shoe
- Easy to clean
- Very supportive
This shoe is perfect for someone on her feet all day. The cute design is modern and can go with even the most fashionable work outfits.
The pressure-relieving foot bed will keep your feet from stress and strain during your long work hours. The padded collar and tongue are made of leather and are both comfortable and stylish.
5. Dr. Comfort Women's Paradise Diabetic Mary Jane Shoes
- Soft, padded foot bed
- Stylish and casual
- Composite material for more comfort and durability
- Slip-on design
- Can be machine washed
- Great support for feet
- Fantastic value
- Available in a multitude of colors
Most women with diabetes are looking for shoes that are both comfortable and fashionable. This is the reason the Dr. Comfort Women’s Paradise Diabetic Mary Jane Shoes have been a best seller on Amazon.
Voted one of the best diabetic shoes for women by its customers, the Dr. Comfort shoes are perfect for those looking for a comfortable, stylish choice. Dr. Comfort designed these shoes with a cool casual look, a great addition to your wardrobe.
These shoes have an interesting design. The elasticized parts allow for a secure fit. The heel is covered with soft foam which helps to reduce chafing on the Achilles tendon.
6. Orthofeet Proven Heel and Foot Pain Relief. Extended Widths. Orthopedic Bunions Diabetic Women's Mary Jane Shoes Chattanooga
- Unique padded insole
- Universal adjustable heel strap that customizes to foot
- Hand-sewn, quality
- Higher heel than most shoes
- Also helps with bunions and hammer toes
The Orthofeet Proven Mary Jane Style Heel and Foot Pain Relief Shoes are unique custom supports that are made for heel and foot pain. It's one of a kind unique custom support that's made for heel and foot pain.
This shoe is built for women, and they are hand-sewn, custom, and offer a Mary Jane style option. It features a wider shape heel and special padding to work with every step you take.
These functions are made possible by a unique padded insole. This orthopedic shoe also comes with an adjustable strap than can adjust to the foot to fit a number of different sizes.
7. Orthofeet Proven Plantar Fasciitis and Foot Relief. Extended Widths. Bunions Orthopedic Walking Shoes Diabetic Arch Support Women's Sneakers
- Excellent for plantar fasciitis
- The extended width version is better suited for bunions
- The best arch support sneakers for women with diabetics
- Made in the USA with high quality
1E Wide, Navy (New).
There are special shoes for diabetics which support them in their feet. Having diabetes can lead to different foot deformities as well as to insufficiency that needs to be addressed.
These Orthofeet shoes support the diabetics and their problems helping them have normal feet that do not make them feel insecure or ashamed.
8. Orthofeet Proven Bunions and Foot Pain Relief. Orthopedic Arthritis Diabetic Women's Stretchable Shoes Wichita
- The orthopedic Bunions and Foot Pain Relief Shoe provides relief from bunions pain caused by diabetes mellitus and arthritis
- They are designed to provide relief while still providing structure and cushioning
- They feature roomy toe boxes and Cushion Flex Comfort Technology which provides extra shock absorption in the areas you need it most
- They come in several attractive color options
- They can be worn for long periods of time without causing any discomfort
- They have a low arch support
- The straps that wrap around the ankles can dig into the skin
- The materials used in the construction are not of the highest quality
- The black color option may be a bit too shiny for some
9. Orthofeet Women's 817 Slip-On Shoes
- The slip-on design provides a comfortable fit
- Compressible shoe with excellent arch support
- Quality leather upper is breathable and comfortable
- Soft and flexible sole for excellent comfort
- Best fitting diabetic shoes for the price
The Orthofeet Women’s 817 Slip-On Shoes are a low-rise, soft-soled compression shoe that provides excellent arch support. These shoes have a cotton knit upper that is breathable, durable and comfortable. The slip-on design makes it easy to put on and take off. They are also available in lots of cute colors, which you can choose from if you want.
The Orthofeet Women’s 817 Slip-On shoes feature a rubber sole that is flexible and durable. This seamless soft rubber is pliable and will help give your feet a pleasing, soft cushion. This seamless soft rubber is pliable and will help give your feet a pleasing, soft cushion.
These low-rise compression shoes are perfect for people with plantar fasciitis, bunions and those who have diabetes or neuropathy. The Orthofeet Women’s 817 Slip-On shoes are the best shoes for diabetic ulcer and for high-risk foot care.
10. Orthofeet Women's 916
- Provides a good grip and comfort for your children
- Ideally used for children suffering from diabetes
- The shoes are comfortable since the children can easily walk in them
Orthofeet ’s diabetic shoes are extremely aesthetically appealing that it will make your children look very smart and dashing. The shoes are very easy to wash. The cow's leather material makes the shoe sturdy yet flexible.
The smell of the shoes isn't very persistent not to mention that it fits perfectly to your kids. The little firm heels will keep your kids steady and they won't topple nor slip in any way, at the same time the shoe will give comfort to your kid's feet.
Orthofeet's diabetic shoes come in wide range of leather colors to pick from. The shoes are specially designed for your children's needs whether they have mild, moderate or severe type of diabetes.
11. Propet Women's Mary Lou Mary Jane Sneaker
- Soft and comfortable
Propet makes quality shoes for those with diabetes. These shoes are on the lower end of the price spectrum, so you can afford several pairs.
They are comfortable and are designed to give you good support. Whether you want to wear them while walking or just to wear them when you’re out and about, they will give you good support.
They’re also designed to be durable, so you can count on them to last for a very long time. They’re also versatile enough that you can wear them to work or out on dates.
12. Propet Women's Travelactiv Mary Jane Fashion Sneaker
- Comfortable shoes over long periods of time
The Propark Travelactiv Mary Jane Fashion Sneakers is another great option if you are looking for a shoe that will keep your feet warm and dry but still allows airflow for comfortable wear all day long.
They look good, too, with a fashionable design that makes you feel like you are walking on a run without worry about comfort or nutrition.
These shoes will fit your needs if you want a shoe to wear around town to a funeral or a special event. For everyday wear, these shoes will make your feet feel great even if you are doing a lot of walking or just sitting all day.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What are the best shoes for diabetics to wear?
When it comes to footwear for diabetics, there are two primary things you need to think about: comfort and support.
The comfort factor is critical because you need to be able to wear your shoes daily for extended periods of time. If you switch shoes all the time, the warm/cold and wet/dry fluctuations can cause your feet to swell and to feel different.
You need to feel secure and confident in your footwear too. Imagine what life can be like if you have an infected toe and you are not sure you can make it to the doctor. How can you make any plans that rely on having your feet in healthy shape?
The support factor is just as important. Because of the way shoes impact your feet, the feet swell and shrink. In the morning, your feet are typically larger, and as the day progresses and your body’s temperature begins to rise, your feet get smaller.
What are the best slippers for diabetics?
This is a difficult question to answer. Diabetics have a wide range of foot disorders and are at-risk for many different health issues. For some people, the answer is clear. However, others would be better off using a non-slippered shoe that locks in place.
It’s hard to do a general answer to the best diabetic women’s slipper question because it’s not a general question. Diabetic foot infections are serious and a small problem may easily lead to a much bigger issue. While the best diabetic shoes for women may look basic at first glance, they are anything but.
What are the best shoes for diabetic neuropathy?
Symptoms of Diabetic Neuropathy include tenderness, numbness, burning, or tingling in the toes, feet, legs, hands, and arms, as well as feelings of coldness. For these people, foot pain can be a daily problem. It is often caused by poor circulation and is worsened by stress and injury.
Many shoes cause the foot to move and twist in ways that are not natural to the body, which may exacerbate the problem. When you are diabetic, you have to be very careful about the shoes you wear as well as the socks you choose. For many diabetics, however, the problem may go beyond the wrong type of shoe or wearing the wrong sock.
High-quality shoes are often an essential part of diabetic treatment and prevention, and good shoes can make all the difference for diabetics. The following list of diabetic shoes for women are those that are particularly well-suited to people with diabetic neuropathy.
What is special about diabetic shoes?
Back pain and neuropathy are highly common among diabetics. Shoes that are good for people with diabetes also need to be ergonomically correct to address these issues.
There are a variety of features that you’ll see on shoes recommended for diabetics, but a lot of times it’s the simple things that make a big difference. For example, a good shoe will have a proper insole and will feel supportive. This is important to help with your balance, posture, and weight distribution.
Another basic feature is a high-quality rubber outsole that provides traction. When you’re on your feet all day, traction is a necessity. You need it for traction and for the flexibility it maintains in your ankle.
Diabetics definitely have a difficult journey to tackle and having to think about complete strangers who might look at them and their food choices can be challenging. However, there’s definitely no need to worry about that because you can always make your body look amazing through several shoes that not only make your feet look cute, but also helps keep you up and running. These are definitely the top 15 best diabetic shoes for women, but the list is subject to change in the future as companies push out new designs.
|Orthofeet Proven Bunions||Best Overall|
|Propet Women's Tilda Work Shoe||Budget Pick|
|Orthofeet Women's 817 Slip-On Shoes||Upgrade Pick|